Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Burning Bridges and the Mullet






































"Hi Danny,
      I  picked up these postcards to send to friends and relatives when Uncle John and I moved to our new house.  I thought that it was hilarious!  It implies that we've 'burned our bridges' and have moved on.  I decided against sending them (except to Aunt Xie) because I didn't want to offend anyone and thus, 'burn bridges.' I still think it's hilarious, but sometimes what Auntie thinks is funny is not the same as what others might think is funny - like the time I gave your dad a mullet.  He asked me to cut his hair - and it all went downhill from there.  I couldn't help it, but eventually his hair grew back and he forgave me, and I repaired that bridge.
      'wish you were here!'
      love,
           Auntie"

No comments:

Post a Comment